Effectuer un stage est devenu une étape quasi indispensable du parcours d’un étudiant aujourd’hui. Cette expérience importante te donne une chance incroyable de découvrir quel type d’emploi est fai...
Internship – EU Partnership Assistant
Description de l'entreprise
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation providing assistance, protection and long-term solutions to displaced persons worldwide. NRC has its headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and has operations in over 30 countries, as well as representation offices in Addis Ababa, Brussels, Dubai, Geneva, London, Berlin and Washington.
NRC’s representation in Brussels was established in 2005 in order to strengthen the existing relationship between NRC and the European Union. NRC Europe’s main role is to support NRC’s country programmes in their collaboration with the EU institutions by improving communication with EU and Member States donors, and by providing evidenced based policy analysis on issues affecting refugees and displaced persons to decision makers in the EU.
NRC Europe is responsible for NRC’s relationship with the following donors: DG ECHO, DG DEVCO, DG NEAR, France (AFD and French MFA), The Netherlands (MinBuZa), Belgium, EFTA-FMO, Grand Duché du Luxembourg, Spain, Ireland and Italy.
Description de la fonction
Role and responsibilities
Assist the Senior EU Partnership Advisers and Grants Coordinator by identifying funding opportunities from selected European donors, supporting the country programmes on grant management and compliance issues and contributing to the preparation and organisation of strategic meetings at EU or European capitals levels.
- Support the advisers by monitoring and preparing notes, briefings and updates on EU institutions and Member States’ strategic donors;
- Monitor and track funding opportunities from EU and Member States donors and identify relevant opportunities for NRC;
- Support country programmes on grant management issues and questions related to compliance to rules and regulations of EU and Member States donors;
- Analyse EU and Member States donors calls for proposals and reference guidelines to develop tools and documents summarising the donors’ rules and regulations applying to NRC grant agreements.
- Research and analyse funding trends, policies and priorities from EU and Member States donors, and share information internally within NRC, in the frame of donor mapping for instance;
- Attend relevant internal meetings and meetings organised by the EU, Member States and NGOs and draft notes to share with the team;
- Assist in arranging and preparing meetings in Brussels and European capitals for visiting field-based colleagues, including contacting EU and Member States’ officials, conducting research on EU policies or funding strategies towards those countries and drafting briefing notes, especially in the framework of fundraising tours;
- Assist in the distribution of reports, updates and press articles from the field to EU and Member States interlocutors;
- Provide inputs from the partnership department and draft internal reports and briefing notes on achievements and objectives of the department;
Generic profile and professional competencies:
- A university student currently enrolled in a relevant field such as international relations, European affairs, humanitarian assistance, international development or political sciences, or some related equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English and French is required, knowledge of other EU languages (Spanish in particular) is an asset
- A rigorous and structured person with strong analytical and administrative skills, including computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian project management cycle
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and EU donors
- Demonstrated interest in refugee and/or humanitarian issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills including the ability to multitasking, prioritizing and working efficiently with limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multicultural professional and/or NGO environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence
Contract: This internship is only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between NRC and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed
- Contract: This internship is only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between NRC and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed
- Contract period: desirable 6 months (it will depend of the Scholarship Programme)
- Deadline for applications: 04 March 2019.
- Start date: April 2019 (as soon as possible).
- Please note that only applications received through Webcruiter will be considered (www.nrc.no/vacancies)
- We offer work experience in a highly international environment & the opportunity to get insights to European Union fundraising environment and EU and Member States donors partnerships.
Articles qui pourraient t'intéresser
Partir à la recherche d’un stage : les étapes à suivre !
Stage en entreprise: quelles possibilités pour les étudiants et jeunes diplômés ?
En tant qu'étudiant, réaliser un stage permet de faire ses premiers pas dans le monde du travail. Après avoir fourni les conseils pour bien choisir son stage, Student.be détaille les différents typ...
=job.status_textEuropean Startup Network Stage1000 BrusselsCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
=job.status_textService Volontaire International Asbl Stage1050 IXELLESCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
=job.status_textService Volontaire International Stage1050 IXELLESCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
=job.status_textTeam4Job Stage1050 BruxellesCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
=job.status_textPlateforme citoyenne de soutien aux réfugiés Stage1130 HarenCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
=job.status_textAmnesty International Belgique francophone Stage1050 BruxellesCe job est disponible dans plusieurs villesNiveau d'études: Tous niveaux d'études Régime Temps plein
Résumé de l'offre
- Anglais: avancé
- Français: bon