You’re nearing the final stages of your time in school, so you’re probably busy looking forward to what lies ahead. Maybe you’re even thinking about applying for an internship. Why not? Internships...
SOFTWARE DEVELOPPER TRAINEE FOR SPACE ACTIVITIES
Description de l'entreprise
More than 30 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities, providing a significant contributions to most major Space programmes of the European Space Agency. We work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
With a 1,2 Million € capital and more than 100 employees, we operate from Belgium with two permanent establishments, one in Germany and one in The Netherlands - close to the operational (ESOC) and technological (ESTEC) centres of ESA - and with projects in Italy, Spain, France and UK. We are involved in the most important European space projects ensuring the highest standards of quality, safety and reliability.
Description de la fonction
Who are we?
With a 1,2 Million € capital and more than 100 employees, we operate from Belgium with two permanent establishments, one in Germany and one in The Netherlands - close to the operational (ESOC) and technological (ESTEC) centres of ESA - and with projects in Italy, Spain, France and UK. We are involved in the most important European space projects ensuring the highest standards of quality, safety and reliability. You can find more
information on our website: www.vitrocisetbelgium.com
The SYMPA Project aims at developing up to a pre-operational level and test with the end users communities a wide and consistent number of location based applications for maritime institutions (Marine protected areas, Coastguard) small-medium size commercial operators (fishery fleets, tourist boats, divers, charters) and leisure boat users. This constitutes an important innovation as almost all of the identified applications are not currently existing for the addressed market. Those applications shall be based on conventional portable consumer platforms (smart devices) and AIS terminals, when available on board.
The SYMPA Project constitutes a follow-up of the FP7 funded MEDUSE Project involving all the consortium members, which has been successfully closed in September 2013 with a customised prototype demonstration at La Maddalena Maritime National Park in Italy. With respect to MEDUSE achievement, the aim of SYMPA is to:
- generalize the applications by means of implementing a common core, easily customizable for each specific market community and case, to test it as a pilot within a significant number of different validation trials, thus in parallel performing a market replication exercise in order to enable to support the overcoming of the market barrier constituted by the initial engineering cost associated with the development of a generic platform;
- expand the scope of applications to enlarge the potential market and reach some communities, such as the professional fishery community, which are specific subject of strategic European policies, thus fostering the sustainable expansion of a collaborative scenario for the adequate monitoring and control of fishery activities within areas of great environmental value.
What are you going to do?
The “Software Developer for Space Activities” will take part of software development projects in an international and multi-cultural environment for the space sector.
As part of the project team, the baseline tasks of the «Software Developer Trainee” will be to:
· Write software requirements specifications,
· Analyse, design and produce technical architecture,
· Implement software systems according to requirements and architecture design,
· Test and validate software systems,
· Maintain and support existing software systems,
· Perform training for internal and customer needs,
· Write technical documents and reports at all stages of the software development process.
In addition, the «Software Developer Trainee” may be asked to provide support to activities which are not directly linked with this job description but which are related to the skills and experience required by this position.
The «Software Developer Trainee” reports to the Software and Applications Unit Manager for what concerns the line-management.
The «Software Developer Trainee” reports to the Project Manager for what concerns the project he is allocated to.
This is to be achieved through values of excellence, openness, and responsiveness.
Why choosing Vitrociset?
Working into Vitrociset Belgium means working in a pleasant and international environment. The team spirit is an essential value in Vitrociset, what means that you will be deeply involved in a team. Moreover, the diversity that you can find in Vitrociset will enrich your trainee experience. Finally, Vitrociset is the opportunity for you to acquire more practice in your field.
Please, submit your applications (CV and cover letter) to Mrs. Amélie Revers, Human
Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Bachelor/Master degree in computer science,
· Fluency in English and French
· Customer/partners language/culture is an asset
• Object-oriented analysis with knowledge in UML,
• Object-oriented programming on Java (J2EE),
• Experience in integrated development environments (such as Eclipse or similar),
• User experience with version control software (such as Subversion/GIT/CVS),
• Experience with relational databases (and RDBMS such as MySQL/Postgres). Advantageous Knowledge
• Google APIs for Android,
• Integrated development environments for mobile applications (such as
• Object-oriented programming on Python and C++,
• Software testing tools (such as JUnit, Mockito, Jacoco),
• ORM frameworks (such as Hibernate or EclipseLink),
• Vaadin and GWT,
• Open Geospatial Consortium standards
• OpenLayers / Leaflet,
• Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP),
• Integration Container (such as ServiceMix),
• Message brokers (such as ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ).
We are looking for someone who:
· Has a good sense of organization of work.
· Has an analytical and critical thinking
· Has the ability to work under pressure, to handle high level of workload
· Has the ability to work in a changing environment, open-minded
· Has strong inter-personal and communication qualities within a multinational context, including diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
· Is able to deliver and respond in a timely manner to deadlines.
· Has rigor and accuracy in its job.
· Is reliable and dynamic.
· Works independently.
Qualities like team spirit, self-sufficiency, and a desire to succeed are key assets for doing well at this job.
Vitrociset Belgium wishes to set up training in order to:
· For the trainee, acquiring a relevant professional experience;
· For the company, assessing a potential candidate to participate in the company’s growth.
What are the traineeship conditions?
The office is in the province of Luxembourg, in Belgium:
Rue Devant les Hêtres, 2
Having a driving license and a car are mandatory because there are no public transports.
The duration of the internship is to be determined between the company and the trainee.
The company reimburses you the expenses you made during your internship (based on the negotiation and the Belgian Law).
Articles qui pourraient t'intéresser
INKOMPASS Global Internship Program
À la recherche d'un stage en entreprise: quelles possibilités pour les étudiants et jeunes diplômés ?
En tant qu'étudiant, réaliser un stage permet de faire ses premiers pas dans le monde du travail. Après avoir fourni les conseils pour bien choisir son stage, Student.be dépeint aujourd'hui les dif...
Uniquement pour étudiants de l'enseignement supérieur
Résumé de l'offre
- Anglais: avancé
- Français: avancé