Binnenkort studeer je af en ben je klaar voor de volgende stap: werken! Zit ondernemen in jouw bloed en droom je er stiekem van om je eigen zaak op te richten? Super! Als jonge starter heb je onget...
Operations Management Trainee
Who are we?
The secret behind the successful and fast growth of Puratos is taste and quality. We welcome you in our enthusiastic, committed and passionate team of more than 8800 employees. We are an international player and furthermore a Belgian family business. We make the difference every day. How? By developing, producing and distributing a unique and high-quality range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers since 1919.
A century later, our products and services are available in more than 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, our proximity to the customer and the consumer and our core values form the basis of our global ambition and our continuous growth.
This is what makes working at Puratos so magical!
Do we meet soon?
Your mission and primary goal is to develop competencies and practical skills that are crucial for a later career on a national or international level within our group. You will learn more about our operations, various support systems and departments. Moreover, you will get to know the program and the dynamics of integrated continuous improvement that help us achieve Operational Excellence.
As a Management Trainee you will follow a 3-year traineeship within our Belgian Operations. The traineeship is divided into 3 periods, one of 6 months, one of 2 years and a last one of 6 months:
- First 6 months: you will prepare for the role of team leader including an intensive Communication and Leadership training in different business areas within our food manufacturing environment.
- Next 2 years: you will work as Teamleader, in a 3-shift system (morning-afternoon-night) with a strong focus on people management. You will be responsible for 7 to 10 Operators while keeping an overview of the production line assigned to you. Quality, safety, cost and people are your main priorities. Besides coaching the members of your team, your other responsibilities are:
- Hold performance reviews and evaluations
- Follow up and improvements (follow up KPI & 5S)
- Plan and look into work activities, administration, coordination and communication with other departments
- Organize and carry out meetings with your team
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement projects and best practices
- Facilitate visual management and problem solving in accordance with the current safety and quality standards
- Last 6 months: you will have the opportunity to explore a key function within the production environment (e.g. QA, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering)
After 3 years, you will hold a key function within our group and you will be able to evolve to a management (team) position.
For this traineeship, you will be assigned to a Mentor who will ensure that you receive the continuous support and adequate training to have a successful training program, as well as guidance as you move from your traineeship to your first role and the rest of your career within Puratos.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a master degree in Bio-, Industrial, Science or Civil Engineering;
- You have strong analytical skills: approach complex issues from a broad perspective;
- You have strong organizational skills;
- You are flexible, eager to learn and service minded;
- You are a team player but can also work autonomously;
- You are decisive and resolute (necessary for future manager position);
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and English;
- You are flexible and willing to work in 3 shifts: 6 AM-2 PM, 2 PM-10 PM, 10 PM- 6 AM (during the 2-year period as Teamleader)
- You have a strong technical knowledge of MS Office and planning tools knowledge of ERP systems is an asset.
We bieden aan
What do we offer?
You will join a stable family business that has grown into an international market leader. You will work in an ambitious and dynamic work environment where you can develop your leadership skills. You will also be encouraged to bring forward initiatives that will ensure the company’s success. For that, you can count on:
- an intensive training (that will prepare you for future leading roles within our company)
- opportunities for personal and professional development (e.g. process improvement)
You will receive a competitive salary package with attractive benefits such as meal vouchers (8 €/day) and a free group and hospitalization insurance
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
[Webinar] Ik word ondernemer! Hoe begin ik eraan en waar moet ik allemaal rekening mee houden?