Remember how a lot of companies are currently going through their digital transformation? This is only the beginning! Companies need digital technologies, compatible products and people with the ri...
Software Development Engineer
Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) is a multinational and leading manufacturer and supplier of HVAC-R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration) equipment. We provide innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers. Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 17 affiliate companies, 4 sales offices and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contracts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Gent, Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new User Interface on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and Apps and a stylish new hotel thermostat with App control.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to control and monitor our complete product range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the Daikin Online controller App and the Daikin Cloud Service for our commercial products.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & maintenance and testing & infrastructure.
As a Development Engineer within our European Development Center, you are part of a team responsible for the design and development of cloud solutions and related softwarrelated software for the different Daikin product ranges.
- You will deal with the development, prototyping and third line support of smartphone applications, web applications and embedded software.
- Your core tasks include the formulation of software and user interface specifications in line with the requirements you capture with the business, the development and testing of these in collaboration with our external partners and with the HVAC development engineers.
- You follow technological evolutions within your field of expertise and formulate proposals to include them in our developments.
- You have a Master Degree in electronics or IT, with a specific interest in software development.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like Internet of Things, machine to machine communication, App/web development …
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You are capable of thinking on a conceptual level.
- You have an innovative mindset.
We bieden aan
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Meer info over het bedrijf
- Engels: zeer goed