The 22nd of March, 100 young and enthusiastic last year students invaded Telenet Mechelen. Why? For the very first Telenet YG-DAY, the career day that makes a difference. It did not disappoint one ...
Young Grad Fiber Backhaul Solutions Engineer
As a provider of entertainment and telecommunication services in Belgium, Telenet Group is always looking for the perfect experience in the digital world for its customers. Under the brand name Telenet, the company focuses on offering digital television, high-speed Internet and fixed and mobile telephony services to residential customers in Flanders and Brussels.
Launch your career, become a Young Graduate at Telenet and take the professional journey of a lifetime. As you start working at Telenet, you’ll be offered a rewarding career path to help us build a better digital future for all of us. In doing so, you’ll discover what your favorite job is and where your strengths lie. You’ll get a taste of tons of innovations, countless courses and wonderful challenges ranging from engineering, over IT to marketing, sales and finance.
Sounds interesting? Apply today!
Our job opportunities in the Fiber team?
The fiber team is responsible for the design and maintenance of the extended fiber network of Telenet. You will participate with the team to analyses, plan and execute extensions of the network to meet the growing demand. Once you have clarified the details of such an extension, you coordinate with our subcontractors and keep an eye on the overall efficiency. You measure, monitor and troubleshoot the fiber network end-to-end.
To limit the impact of these fiber-related construction works, you make analysis and propose potential alternative ways and backup strategies.
In case of problems on the network, you will work together with the subcontractor to localize the fault in the shortest delay possible, and you will coordinate the repair activities.
You question our way of work to detect possibilities to improve our internal and external processes.
You participate in establishing procedures.
- You have a degree in Industrial Engineering – Telecommunications
- You are passionate about pursuing a career in a Technology & Innovation field, with an interest in fiber design.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- You are an analytic thinker and a problem solver (getting things done mentality)
- You are independent and like to take initiative
- You Drive for results, eager to learn and grow
- Passionate about telecom and media
- Team player, pro-active and flexible
- You have a helicopter view and good planning and organizational skills
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French are a plus.
We bieden aan
- Choose a real job, with lots of real responsibility and challenging projects
- Get inspired by our intensive two-year development program
- The chance to take your career into your own hands and develop your leadership skills
- Join an innovative, ambitious and 100% future-proof organization
- Enjoy an attractive compensation and benefits package
Meer info over het bedrijf
- Engels: zeer goed
- Nederlands: goed
- Frans: goed