Een stage volgen is voor iedereen een belangrijke stap tijdens zijn of haar studies. Het geeft je namelijk de kans om te ontdekken welk type job jou aanstaat, waar je goed of minder goed in bent, ...
De Refter is a bar established in Shanghai since 2012 and in Beijing since 2015. Conveniently located, this newest concept beer bar coming from Belgium, backed by the beer distributor Vandergeeten, sells over 100 obscure quality Belgian brews, including 6 on tap.
For more information about us, please visit our website www.dereftercn.com.
Scope and General Purpose:
- To uphold the high standards of food quality of De Refter.
- To cook and present food in accordance with the recipes of De Refter.
- To cook and present food according to guests’ preferences and within prescribed times.
- To maximize café profitability by adhering to portion control standards and reducing food wastage.
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment for all colleagues.
- To observe and practice teamwork at all times.
- To achieve total guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive punctually, in proper attire, and prepared to begin shift.
- Check temperatures of cooking line coolers and freezers.
- Start up equipment and set to the prescribed temperature of the heating equipment.
- Clean and organize counters and shelves.
- Set up the cooking line.
- Adequately stock the cooking line with food products for the shift’s business requirements.
- Ensure you have all the required tools – tongs, ladles, knives, spoons and cutting boards, etc.
- Heat up food items according to the standard procedures and hold at above 140˚F/60˚C. This can vary between locations.
- Prepare the ice baths and store cold items at 40˚F/ 4˚C or below. This can vary between locations.
- Pre-prepare any necessary items that will be needed for that shift.
- Monitor the order printer and call out food orders to appropriate line cooks to action.
- Cook the items according to standard cooking procedures and within prescribed times.
- Ensure the food items adhere to our presentation standards and that all food orders are completed and presented at the same time.
- Ensure that the plates are garnished according to procedure.
- Refer to recipes to ensure the correct procedures and measurements are followed.
- Respond to the immediate needs of the servers as they arise regarding food service.
- Anticipate requirements for pre-cooked foods and maintain that pace during busy periods.
- Maintain the correct temperatures for hot/steam tables and ice baths throughout the shift.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and counters every half hour.
- Change garbage bins often and remove to garbage compound immediately.
- Maintain floors clean, swept, and mopped throughout the shift.
- Ensure that any last minute guest requests/ complaints are dealt with immediately with full attention. Make the problem right and get the food out re-plated and garnished.
- Cool down heated items according to established procedures and store all perishable foods in the refrigeration units.
- Store all products according to storage and rotation procedures and re-organize walk-ins.
- Break down cooking line equipment, clean and sanitize thoroughly, and reassemble equipment.
- Clean and sanitize all counters and walls on the cooking line.
- Sweep and mop dry storage area, walk-ins, cooking line, prep kitchen, and surrounding kitchen floors.
- Complete all assigned duties.
- Enjoy your job and make it a fun experience for all.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 kilos. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles in the form of cigar or cigarette smoke. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in the daytime and loud in the evenings.
- High school education desirable.
- Should have previous kitchen work experience/back of house experience. Preferable basic knowledge of Belgian kitchen
- Reasonable command of English – oral, reading, and written.
- Good understanding of basic arithmetic.
We bieden aan
- Duration: we offer opportunity from 3 months until 1 year internship;
- We help you to provide the visa;
- We help you to find an apartment in Beijing;
- Salary : We offer transport charges and meals. In addition to that, you will receive pocket money, 200-500 RMB (to discuss according to your experience).
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Hoe pak je de zoektocht naar een stage aan?
- Engels: goed