Je komt aan het einde van je opleiding, maar vooraleer die te kunnen beëindigen moet je nog een stage lopen. Tijdens de zoektocht naar de perfecte stageplek zijn er twee types studenten: sommige he...
International Fertilizer Association
IFA is looking for an intern in Paris
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is the only global fertilizer association, with a membership of about 500 entities, encompassing all sectors in the fertilizer value chain: producers, traders, distributors, service providers, advisors, research organizations and NGOs. IFA promotes the efficient and responsible production, distribution and use of plant nutrients to enable sustainable agricultural systems that contribute to a world free of hunger and malnutrition.
We are looking for a dynamic student to contribute to IFA’s projects on plant nutrient use. IFA is offering either a 2 to 3-month internship focusing on an update of statistics on fertilizer use by crop and by country (FUBC), or a 6-month internship including both the FUBC project and a project on Nutrient Use Efficiency (NUE). The choice of the internship will be made depending on the candidate’s education and availability.
This internship will ideally start in June 2020. IFA’s offices are based in Paris, but most staff are now working from home due to the health situation. The intern would also be asked to telework, with frequent virtual meetings with his/her supervisor and occasional physical meetings in IFA’s office if feasible.
1. FUBC project: this project will result in the release of a public report presenting these updated data. IFA is currently the only organization publishing these data, which are extremely useful to the fertilizer industry and the scientific community and are referenced in a number of peer-reviewed papers. (See the previously published estimates at https://www.ifastat.org/plant-nutrition.)
- Search for data on crop area, production, and plant nutrient use by crop for a number of countries, through Internet as well as direct communication with experts via email.
- Cross-check and clean the data collected.
- Write a small report for each country explaining the steps taken to develop these estimates and the sources used.
2. NUE project:
- Understand and learn how to use IFA’s nutrient use efficiency dataset.
- Write NUE country profiles for the main fertilizer-consuming countries, where the NUE trends are put in context with complementary indicators such as crop yield and soil fertility.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Autonomy / ability to work from home.
- BS or MS in Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Sciences
We bieden aan
gratification minimale.(legal minimum compensation for internships completed in France)
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Het ideale moment om te solliciteren voor een stage
- Engels: zeer goed