Wil je graag stage lopen, maar wil je niet als gratis werkkracht ingezet worden? Dan is een Beroepsinlevingsstage (BIS) de ideale oplossing voor jou! Heb je geen idee wat dit precies is? Hieronder ...
European Startup Network
International Business Intern
European Startup Network (ESN) unifies Europe’s national startup associations to create a common voice for European startups.
ESN wants to build a scaleup-friendly environment so that startups grow and thrive in Europe. That is why we united 24 associations representing startups in their countries. Among our members, we count France Digitale, Startups.be Startup Estonia, Austrian Startups, and 20 more.
Together, we help scale local projects by:
- Representing startups before regulators at the EU level
- Sharing knowledge and replicate European best practices
- Creating partnerships between startups, corporates, accelerators, institutions, and investors
This is how ESN came to contribute to:
- ScaleUp Manifesto (http://scaleupeuropemanifesto.eu), a 49-point roadmap which draws from the unique insights of dozens of leading European startup associations and successful entrepreneurs.
- Startup Europe Partnership programme (http://startupeuropepartnership.eu), a platform where the best scaleups meet the best corporates and investors with a single goal: make things happen.
To further expand our knowledge of the European startup ecosystem, we have built a unique database that now counts more than 25,000 startups in 24 EU countries. Our reach on social media amounts to 80,000 unique viewers for each network (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
International Business Intern
Employer: European Startup Network
Title: International Business Intern
Position Type: Internship
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Hours Per Week: 40
Salary Range: Negotiable
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
Travel Required: Negotiable
Desired Degree(s): Business, Communications, or other relevant track
Salary Level: Negotiable
We want you! European Startup Network is seeking a forward-thinking and enthusiastic International Business Intern to join our dynamic team. We’re young, we’re spicy, and we’re building a business. This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in corporate partnerships, sales, or business development. You will work with a youthful, enthusiastic squad to help organize and build ESN’s outward-facing project proposals.
If you choose to take the plunge, you’ll assist the Corporate Partnerships and Communications teams on various projects and tasks to gain experience in the field of international business. A few projects we’ll toss your way:
- Conduct research & analysis aimed at selecting regions and countries of focus for business development; guided and advised by ESN’s core team
- Procurement of new & potential customers, preliminary and pitch and meeting attendance with Head of Sales
- Manage and negotiate speaking engagements with event organizers (seek out ideal events for ESN presence, networking, visibility, brand-building)
- Assisting in the writing of corporate partnership proposals
- Assisting in the design, layout, and preparation of key client and new business materials
- Drafting pitch letters and follow-up communications to corporate contacts
- Building a basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Compiling and updating our CRM
- Participating in brainstorms, team meetings, internal and external calls and compile notes discerning priority take-aways
- Providing as-needed support to the Innovation Program Manager, Community Manager, and other relevant department leaders
What We Want:
- A daring, results-oriented salesperson who’s on the hunt for new customers and can secure initial appointments
- A go-getter who finds gaps that need filling, connects to market needs, and figures out how to cater to them
- A recent graduate or currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (preferably: Master of Business Administration, Master of International Business, or other business program)
- English required (Level B2), Arabic and Asian languages an advantage
- Entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, attentive to detail
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of and experience using MS office suite (PowerPoint in particular)
- Former internships or work in business environment are an advantage (esp. with large corporations and/or startup organizations)
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
ESN is a collaborative environment and we’re a spirited team, but this is business, after all -- show us what you’ve got.
We bieden aan
- An engaging, dynamic team atmosphere—young, driven, and ready to make change
- Experience working in the startup ecosystem, ample opportunity to expand your professional network
- Energizing coworking space in the heart of Brussels
- Responsibility and trust—time and space to make real change in the organization and to assist startups on their path to scaling and success
- Hands-on sales experience—working directly with startups to provide them access to international exposure
- Mentorship by ESN's Innovation Manager and interaction with a team of other international interns
- Opportunity to work with a pan-European membership base—countries like Austria, France, Spain, Swizterland, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia...
- Time at international scaleup conferences, where you can meet and network with some of Europe's most successful scaleups in artificial intelligence, blockchain, fintech, insurtech, digital construction, industry 4.0—the list goes on
- ...et cetera, et cetera !
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Wat is een Beroepsinlevingsstage (BIS)?
Een buitenlandse stage na je studies: Waar start je en welke beurzen zijn er beschikbaar?
Ben je net of bijna afgestudeerd en heb je het gevoel dat je nog niet helemaal klaar bent voor de arbeidsmarkt? Dan biedt een buitenlandse stage heel wat mogelijkheden! Tijdens zo’n stage zal je sp...
=job.status_textWorld Fair Trade Organization - Europe Stage1050 IxellesMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textEuropean Roma Information Office (ERIO) Stage1040 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
2017-02-25=job.status_textAEDH Stage1000 BruxellesMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
2017-09-01=job.status_textVétérinaires Sans Frontières Stage1030 SchaerbeekMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Deeltijds
2017-05-01=job.status_textWorldLoop Stage1050 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Deeltijds
2016-07-11=job.status_textEt Maintenant? Stage1083 GanshorenMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
- Engels: goed