Een stage volgen is voor iedereen een belangrijke stap tijdens zijn of haar studies. Het geeft je namelijk de kans om te ontdekken welk type job jou aanstaat, waar je goed of minder goed in bent, ...
Internship – EU Partnership Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation providing assistance, protection and long-term solutions to displaced persons worldwide. NRC has its headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and has operations in over 30 countries, as well as representation offices in Addis Ababa, Brussels, Dubai, Geneva, London, Berlin and Washington.
NRC’s representation in Brussels was established in 2005 in order to strengthen the existing relationship between NRC and the European Union. NRC Europe’s main role is to support NRC’s country programmes in their collaboration with the EU institutions by improving communication with EU and Member States donors, and by providing evidenced based policy analysis on issues affecting refugees and displaced persons to decision makers in the EU.
NRC Europe is responsible for NRC’s relationship with the following donors: DG ECHO, DG DEVCO, DG NEAR, France (AFD and French MFA), The Netherlands (MinBuZa), Belgium, EFTA-FMO, Grand Duché du Luxembourg, Spain, Ireland and Italy.
Role and responsibilities
Assist the Senior EU Partnership Advisers and Grants Coordinator by identifying funding opportunities from selected European donors, supporting the country programmes on grant management and compliance issues and contributing to the preparation and organisation of strategic meetings at EU or European capitals levels.
- Support the advisers by monitoring and preparing notes, briefings and updates on EU institutions and Member States’ strategic donors;
- Monitor and track funding opportunities from EU and Member States donors and identify relevant opportunities for NRC;
- Support country programmes on grant management issues and questions related to compliance to rules and regulations of EU and Member States donors;
- Analyse EU and Member States donors calls for proposals and reference guidelines to develop tools and documents summarising the donors’ rules and regulations applying to NRC grant agreements.
- Research and analyse funding trends, policies and priorities from EU and Member States donors, and share information internally within NRC, in the frame of donor mapping for instance;
- Attend relevant internal meetings and meetings organised by the EU, Member States and NGOs and draft notes to share with the team;
- Assist in arranging and preparing meetings in Brussels and European capitals for visiting field-based colleagues, including contacting EU and Member States’ officials, conducting research on EU policies or funding strategies towards those countries and drafting briefing notes, especially in the framework of fundraising tours;
- Assist in the distribution of reports, updates and press articles from the field to EU and Member States interlocutors;
- Provide inputs from the partnership department and draft internal reports and briefing notes on achievements and objectives of the department;
Generic profile and professional competencies:
- A university student currently enrolled in a relevant field such as international relations, European affairs, humanitarian assistance, international development or political sciences, or some related equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English and French is required, knowledge of other EU languages (Spanish in particular) is an asset
- A rigorous and structured person with strong analytical and administrative skills, including computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian project management cycle
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and EU donors
- Demonstrated interest in refugee and/or humanitarian issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills including the ability to multitasking, prioritizing and working efficiently with limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multicultural professional and/or NGO environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence
Contract: This internship is only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between NRC and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed
We bieden aan
- Contract: This internship is only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between NRC and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed
- Contract period: desirable 6 months (it will depend of the Scholarship Programme)
- Deadline for applications: 04 March 2019.
- Start date: April 2019 (as soon as possible).
- Please note that only applications received through Webcruiter will be considered (www.nrc.no/vacancies)
- We offer work experience in a highly international environment & the opportunity to get insights to European Union fundraising environment and EU and Member States donors partnerships.
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Hoe pak je de zoektocht naar een stage aan?
=job.status_textEuropean Startup Network Stage1000 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textAVOCATS SANS FRONTIERES Stage1040 EtterbeekMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Master Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textPlateforme citoyenne de soutien aux réfugiés Stage1130 HarenMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textSB Overseas asbl StageSchaerbeek 1030 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textDe Permanente Vertegenwoordiging van België bij de Europese Unie Stage1040 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Alle diploma's Statuut: Voltijds
=job.status_textSport and Citizenship Think tank Stage1040 BrusselsMeerdere regio'sStudieniveau: Master Statuut: Voltijds
- Engels: zeer goed
- Frans: goed