De voordelen van een stage bij een startup
Internship – Product Design (Partially Paid)
Industrialized IoT solutions:
Our company is dedicated to helping start-ups and larger companies build industrialized sensor solutions
For us, Industrialized = Low cost and reliable solutions.
Our team is a mostly technical (3 PhDs and 3 Masters in Engineering); however, members of our team have successfully built 8 companies in 6 countries.
Interested in learning how a start-up runs and how great products are built from idea to an industrialized product ? This might be the perfect start for you..
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone that is interested in design thinking, product design, and environmental issues.
Your challenge will be to design a new enclosure for a garbage sensor.
Here is our current design, we are looking for someone to make something better
The key challenges will be how to make the design fit many types of bin, robustness, and cost
Your work would include:
- Designing electronic enclosures, machined parts and electromechanical assemblies
- Full concept design and development through to manufacture (DFM)
- Searching for variety of materials and appropriate selection - plastics, sheet metal etc.
- Use of a 3D CAD package - SolidWorks etc.
- 3D designing and printing for prototypes
More Details on the product being developed are available at this link
Master student in Design, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Experience with 3D designing, CAD designing tools.
We are looking for a student who can work full time during the summer.
Hours are flexible except a required project update meeting being held in Gent every week on Monday at 10:00.
- An out of the box thinker with “can do” attitude
- Social and happy to talk with people on the phone and in person.
- Fluent spoken and written English (conversational Dutch/ French would also be useful)
We bieden aan
If this project goes well, there could be an opportunity for full time employment later
We are a small start-up with 9 people located in Gent and overseas. Our team is a mostly technical (3 PhDs and 3 Masters in Engineering) Members of our team have successfully built 8 companies in 6 countries.
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Enkel voor studenten van het hoger onderwijs
- Engels: zeer goed