Wil je graag stage lopen, maar wil je niet als gratis werkkracht ingezet worden? Dan is een Beroepsinlevingsstage (BIS) de ideale oplossing voor jou! Heb je geen idee wat dit precies is? Hieronder ...
Realization of a "heatmap" and analysis of unusual movements of offenders under electronic surveillance
Upstreem is a startup based in Belgium and offering a disruptive electronic offender monitoring system.
At Upstreem, we believe that electronic offender monitoring should aim at changing the offenders’ behavior with the goal to rehabilitate them and to reduce recidivism.
An electronic offender monitoring system cannot just be a punitive surveillance measure. It should also be a digital assistant helping the offenders to better manage their life. At the same time, it should actively assist the monitoring officers in detecting and responding to 100% of violations, and it should also give the social workers insightful informations and tools that allow them to help the offenders better in their rehabilitation process.
Of course, the least we can do is to make sure that the system works accurately and reliably. That is why we have based our system on the most advanced technologies so that we offer you the quality you need to carry out your mission. Moreover, a patent has been filed to protect our unique technology.
The Electronic Monitoring system developed by Upstreem consists of the supervision of different nodes (bracelets) deployed throughout a country from 1 or 2 centralized platforms.
The persons under surveillance are monitored by means of a communicating electronic bracelet, which sends back data on the location of the persons under surveillance to centralized platforms developed by Upstreem. These data can then be consulted by the surveillance officers.
Some studies have shown that people about to commit a new crime tend to change certain habits. Although this does not constitute an offence, surveillance officers and legal assistants would like the system to be able to draw their attention to suspicious and/or unusual movements so that potential problems can be prevented.
The work consists of:
- The implementation of a movement analysis function that determines the clients' habits (for example, the usual route to get from home to work) and makes it possible to report changes
- The realization of a function allowing to identify suspicious movements. For example: individuals meeting regularly at defined times, several individuals independently going to the same place on a regular basis (which could lead to a drug dealer).
We bieden aan
- Autonomy, room for creativity and entrepreneur spirit in a startup fashion
- Informal, no non-sense and high-tech company culture
- Opportunity to grow with/within the company as it develops
- International environment with worldwide customers and partners
- The satisfaction to work on a positive social project helping offenders to rehabilitate
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Wat is een Beroepsinlevingsstage (BIS)?
Een buitenlandse stage na je studies: Waar start je en welke beurzen zijn er beschikbaar?
Ben je net of bijna afgestudeerd en heb je het gevoel dat je nog niet helemaal klaar bent voor de arbeidsmarkt? Dan biedt een buitenlandse stage heel wat mogelijkheden! Tijdens zo’n stage zal je sp...
- Engels: zeer goed