Je komt aan het einde van je opleiding, maar vooraleer die te kunnen beëindigen moet je nog een stage lopen. Tijdens de zoektocht naar de perfecte stageplek zijn er twee types studenten: sommige he...
European Institute of Peace
Trainee: Eastern Europe and Caucasus Programme
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is a new initiative at the heart of Europe with a global scope. The EIP is an independent partner to the European Union and Europe, augmenting its global peace agenda through mediation and informal dialogue. The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, and connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation.
Learn more about EIP at www.eip.org
We are looking for a trainee to support EIP programme activities in the region of Eastern Europe and Caucasus. The trainee will support running activities managed by the project team and report to the Programmes Director.
- Supporting the team on all aspects of programme development and implementation
- Information gathering and in-depth analysis on EU Eastern Partnership; regional peace and mediation initiatives
- Liaising with diplomats as part of the EIP team
- Assisting in planning and organising meetings, workshops, trainings and other events
- Assisting in compiling briefing materials for team and senior leadership
- Preparing donor proposals and reports
- Supporting relationship-management
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in political science, international relations, or related field. Affinity with conflict prevention and resolution and/or preventive diplomacy
- In-depth knowledge of Eastern Europe and Caucasus essential
- Prior relevant working experience on the Eastern Europe and Caucasus region, and/or in the fields of mediation or diplomacy is an advantage
- Excellent command of English and Russian essential. Proficiency in additional language(s) from the region an advantage
- Ability to work in a professional environment, including with diplomats and with colleagues – male and female – from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Self-driven, motivated and able to take the initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Belgium work permit or EU citizenship is an advantage
We bieden aan
- 6 months trainee contract with a possibility of extension at €1,000 per month
- Lunch vouchers
- Contribution to public transportation to and from the office
- 40h/week (with 12 RTT days – one day earned per month), and
- An exciting, international environment
Deadline for application is end of day on 19 August 2018. Late applications will not be considered. Kindly note that we will begin to analyze applications upon arrival.
Final candidates will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries or pop-up visits.
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Het ideale moment om te solliciteren voor een stage
- Engels: zeer goed
- Belarussische: zeer goed