Een stage volgen is voor iedereen een belangrijke stap tijdens zijn of haar studies. Het geeft je namelijk de kans om te ontdekken welk type job jou aanstaat, waar je goed of minder goed in bent, ...
Open Knowledge Belgium
UI/UX design intern @ Open Knowledge Belgium
Open Knowledge Belgium (non-profit/vzw/asbl), as local chapter of Open Knowledge International, is an umbrella organization for various open knowledge and open data initiatives in Belgium. We strive for a world in which knowledge creates power for the many, not the few and proactively promote openness through projects and events, to the general public as well as to experts in the field.
As grassroots organization we consist of people, mainly volunteers, passionate about openness, using advocacy, research, technology and projects to unlock information, enabling people to use and share knowledge.
As Open Knowledge Belgium’s design intern, you will:
- Take existing branding for Open Summer of Code (https://osoc.be) and help us translate it into a style guide/design system
- Help us scale Open Summer of Code internationally by creating high fidelity designs from existing wireframes for a dashboard and global website
- Talk to various stakeholders to better understand your end users and how you can best help them
- Work closely with our web developer who will translate your designs into functional solutions and help you fine-tune your work
As our design intern, you:
- Like to work both autonomously and within teams
- Have experience working with your preferred digital design tool (such as Sketch/Figma/Adobe XD)
- Will design almost exclusively for the web
- Enjoy translating user stories and business requirements into effective designs
- Are not afraid to take decisions which concern various stakeholders
- Embrace feedback and are not afraid to voice your own
- Communicate well in English
Skills in marketing and web development can certainly be put to good use, but are not required.
We bieden aan
- A great opportunity to learn about open knowledge, open source and open data
- A stimulating environment which will encourage you to acquire new skills
- The time and resources necessary to improve your skills and explore new interests
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursement for commuting via public transport
- Four open-minded and very motivated colleagues who want to make a difference
- A leading tech environment with international partners
- Desk in our office at BeCentral, the vibrant digital campus at Brussels Central Station
- Interaction with dedicated hardworking volunteers
Artikels die voor jou interessant kunnen zijn
Hoe pak je de zoektocht naar een stage aan?
- Engels: goed