My Erasmus to Perugia in Italy
About the student
- First Name :Charlotte
- Age :22 (at the time of Erasmus experience)
- Study level (Bachelor/Master) and orientation (study field) :Bachelor in Linguistics and Literature – main subject English – Italian
- City where you study :Ghent
Name of University or College?
Università degli studi di Perugia
Type of student accommodation(shared house with other students, studio, shared flat, …) ?
Shared house with other students.
How can you finda student accommodation (useful websites, services from schools or universities, agencies, …) ?
Websites but mostly walking around through the city and looking for accommodation.
Helpful Facebook groups to integrate in the local studentlife (parties, culture, other useful groups, …)
ESN, Lingue e culture Straniere (specific Facebook group linked to the subject of studies)
Helpful websites(parties, culture, other useful groups, …)
- Which transport do you use (bike, car, bus, by foot, … )? On foot or by bus
- Do you work with monthly subscriptions? No
Cost of living?
- Average rent: +/- €350 per month
- Alimentation: Erasmus grant
- Going out: Depending on the night, on average €40
- Transport costs: Bus tickets once in a while
- Price of a beer: €5
Where can you eat, drink or go out?
- To drink: cocktail bar, beer house, regular bars
- To eat: restaurants close by in the city centreor further away
- To go out: Irish pubs, steps in front of the church on the main square, disco somewhat further away
What is the level of the courses compared to your own University/College ?
Which places are at your disposal to work/study? (Libraries, study rooms, computer rooms, ...)
Strengths of the city:
cosy student city
Weaknesses of the city:
small, not that many options for going out
Places and activities, you shouldn't miss in Perugia:
chocolate festival (October)
Other tips & Advice